Have you ever heard of the ritualized idea that what you do on the first day of the new year will continue on for the rest of the year? If you spend a lot of January first sleeping or arguing, the rest of the year will contain that.
I first heard of this from my friend Ginandjack. Eventually, I changed the tradition to a week long ritual of sorts. I LOVE the concept of it and I find that it really does work. Here’s my eight day long ritualized tradition.
December 31st, Day of Regret
- Do things I don’t want to do in the new year but absolutely must get done.
- Reflect and journal as needed
- Divination for lessons learned, if needed
- Clean the entire house
- Food shopping
- Settle debts, return borrowed things, lend things out as needed.
- Schedule or pay bills early if possible
- Contact people I want to…
View original post 827 more words