Crystal are a wonderful gift from Mother Earth, that can help your physical, emotional and spiritual well-being in numerous ways. From placing them by your bedside to protect and enhance your dream space, to wearing your birth stone to heighten your feelings of happiness, crystal therapy is a natural way of cleansing yourself of many of life’s negative forces. Whilst there are literally hundreds of stones with a thousand associations attributed to them, in reality, you need only a few stones that hold special meaning and purpose to you, which will help to ease your ails for your lifetime.
SELECTING YOUR CRYSTALS
Letting The Stone Call You
- To do this, you simply walk around, or stand before the crystal displays, and slowly allow your eyes, and hands if possible, to peruse the crystals. You will feel drawn to a particular stone/s, or your hands will feel a hot, or cool sensation. Hold the stone if possible, and see how it feels in your hands. If you are like my Virgo son, your hand will feel a vibration, or you will simply just know that this stone is the one.
Selecting By Colour Or Chakra Association
- With the seven colours of the major chakras, you also have seven healing centres of the body, and you will notice that throughout your lifetime, you experience times where you are drawn to wearing a particular colour. When this happens, it is your mind aiming to heal the physical and emotional self, which can also work when choosing stones. If you feel drawn to a particular colour of crystal, researching the associations attributed to it, will no doubt be revealing regards recent upsets, or past wounds that could be troubling you on a conscious, or subconscious level. Alternatively, if you have recently experienced a tumultuous time, such as a relationship breakup, then purchasing crystals that are green or yellow and are related to the Heart and the Solar Plexus Chakra for example, will work wonderfully.
Selecting By Birth Date Or Healing Association
- Wearing your birthstone is much like carrying a lucky charm with you everywhere. These stones enhance your highest qualities, intensify the energy of their associations, and have the added touch of the Archangel associated with them being close to you at all times. You can also select your crystal based on healing association alone, and charge it for that purpose only.
CLEANSING YOUR CRYSTALS
Once you have selecting your crystal, you will want to cleanse and charge it for the purpose of its intention. There are numerous ways of cleansing stones, from washing them in streams, to burying them in the Earth, to basking them in sun, or moonlight. The safest ways of cleansing stones, due to certain crystals losing their colour in direct light, or becoming damaged in water, is to cleanse them overnight in the light of the Moon, or to surround them in a circle of rock, or sea salt, as you burn two white candles nearby. Once your crystals have been cleansed and charged, you can place them where you have intended them to hold their intention, or store them safely in a bag.
COMMONLY RECOGNISED CRYSTALS AND THEIR USES
Clear Quartz Crystal
- Found to be as clear as glass, or as clouded as milk, or even with fossilized material trapped within, Clear Quartz crystal is a fabulous tool for healing and cleansing on all levels. Clear Quartz crystal can be used to absorb negativity and ill health, as well as enhance psychic inspiration and feelings of good will. Placed in certain lighting, Clear Quartz crystal will refract the colours of the rainbow, which is the ultimate of healing light sources, hence why in reality, a clear quartz crystal is all you ever need for any ailment of the mind, body and spirit.
- Archangel Raziel is associated with this crystal, as are all of the Archangels if you call on their assistance whilst using, or charging your stone.
- Clear Quartz crystal will cleanse, balance and protect all of your energy centres.
- In regards to physical well-being, you can use Clear Quartz crystal to assist in healing any ailment.
- Found in numerous smoky tones, from white or clear, to green, blue, red and brown, Selenite is a gentle, soothing crystal, that will bring immediate balance and relief to all energy centres of the body. Closely related to the energy of the Moon and the deeper emotions, Selenite will lift your burdens for a little while, in order for you to gain clarity to what may be the true concern of present anxieties and frustrations.
- Archangel Haniel and Archangel Michael are associated with this crystal.
- Selenite will cleanse and balance all chakra centres briefly, but can also be used to cleanse and protect the Crown chakra before and during readings, meditation and dreamtime.
- In regards to physical well-being, Selenite can be a quick fix for most ailments, especially headaches.
- Light pink in colour, Rose Quartz is the most commonly recognised crystal relating to love and relationships. Wearing Rose Quartz, or placing it near you, or on top of your decks, protects you from negative intention from others, and from lower energy vibrations to infiltrate positive moments. This does not mean that ill will can not be directed towards you, nor that all of your relationships will run smoothly, or that you will meet your true love instantly on wearing Rose Quartz. What it does assist with is heightening the positive and loving potential around you so that discord or loneliness within relationships is short-lived, and that you will heal more readily from love’s tougher instances.
- Archangel Ariel, Archangel Jophiel and Archangel Raphael are associated with Rose Quartz.
- Rose Quartz will help to cleanse and balance your Heart Chakra.
- In regards to physical well being, Rose Quartz can assist in mending a broken heart and the subsequent physical symptoms such as lethargy, colds and flu, low immunity. Rose quartz can also help with feelings of anxiety, and assist with any sleep disorders.
- From light lavender to rich purple, Amethyst is one of the most easily recognised and much loved stones from the crystal world. Used as a source of protection and for enhancement of psychic potential. Amethys is a powerful and versatile friend to hold in close proximity.
- Archangel Michael is associated with this crystal.
- Amethyst can be used to clear and balance the Root, Third Eye and Crown chakras.
- In regards to physical well-being, Amethyst can be used in easing pain to the head region, especially headaches and eye strain.
- Found in numerous colours – blue, brown, peach and red, Aventurine is best recognised for its rich, green colour. Aventurine is an exceptional crystal to use for healing emotional upsets, and when working towards manifesting abundance and prosperity.
- Archangel Jophiel, Archangel Raguel and Archangel Raphael are associated with this crystal.
- Aventurine can be used in cleansing and balancing the Heart chakra.
- In regards to physical well-being, Aventurine can be used in mending a broken heart, and easing those symptoms such as cold, flu and low immunity, and can also assist in blood circulation issues.
- Known for its rich, dark red colour, Garnet can also be found to be toned with yellow, green, brown, pink and black. Garnet is a stone that relates to passion and empowerment, best used when you are needing to be decisive, or a facing a challenging situation.
- Archangel Gabriel, Archangel Haniel and Archangel Raphael are associated with this crystal.
- Garnet can help to cleanse and balance, the Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus and Heart chakras.
- In regards to physical well-being, Garnet can assist in easing anxieties, aiding digestive and intestinal issues, and improving blood circulation.
- Yellow to darkish brown in colour, Citrine is the crystal to use for intentions that involve manifesting prosperity and abundance. Use this crystal at each lunar cycle when you wish for financial increase or security, or during meditation to show you ways of improving your financial standing.
- Archangel Ariel, Archangel Gabriel and Archangel Uriel are associated with this crystal.
- You can use Citrine to assist in cleansing your Solar Plexus and Third Eye chakras.
- In regards to physical well-being you can use Citrine to increase your levels of happiness, assist in digestion and stomach issues, as well as assisting in decreasing your level of stresses regarding the financial.
- Found in a stunning, rich orange colour, Carnelian is a crystal that increases feelings of happiness and brings balance to insecurity and ambition. Related to the masculine energy in certain cultures and spiritual practices, Carnelian will assist your feelings of empowerment, ignite your passions and inspire your creative talents.
- Archangel Gabriel is associated with this crystal.
- Carnelian can be used to cleanse and balance the Sacral chakra.
- In regards to physical well-being, Carnelian can be helpful in bringing balance to sexual based issues, as well as helping with feelings of anxiety, depression and blocked creativity.
- Dark blue in tone, with numerous white veins, Sodalite is the crystal to use when dealing with issues involving truth and communications. This crystal is particularly useful at times where there is no closure to be found through confronting the individual, or situation in question, and when you are being forced to heal the issue on your own. Holding this crystal whilst doing focused breathing, will assist you in releasing feelings of anger, frustration and disappointment.
- Archangel Gabriel, Archangel Jeremiel, Archangel Raphael and Archangel Zadkiel are associated with this crystal.
- Sodalite is primarily used for clearing and balancing the Throat chakra.
- In regards to physical well-being, Sodalite can assist with sore throats, thyroid issues, colds and flu.
- With tones that range from golden brown, to a reddish brown, and speckled with black shadows, Tiger’s Eye is a wonderful crystal of protection and clarity. Known to help you with personal empowerment concerns, Tiger’s Eye will help you to gain alternative perspectives to confrontations, arguments and challenging interactions. Use Tiger’s Eye when you want space from certain issues, so that you are able to find understanding, healing and forgiveness in the sanctity of privacy.
- Archangel Michael, Archangel Uriel and Archangel Gabriel are associated with this crystal.
- Tiger’s Eye can assist in clearing your Root and Sacral Chakra, as well as assisting your Throat and Third-Eye chakra with additional information and hidden truths.
- In regards to physical well-being, Tiger’s Eye can assist in blood pressure or circulation issues, as well as aches and pains to the lower body.
- With it’s strikingly rich blue hue, Lapis Lazuli is one of the more attractive crystals in the stone world, being highly prized by the Ancient Egyptians. Known to expand the Third Eye chakra, this is a highly powerful stone that is not for everyone. I always advise my clients to allow Lapis Lazuli to choose them, as to the highly sensitive empath it can be too powerful and be more of a distraction, than a tool of assistance. It can also be highly disruptive to sleep patterns. In the right hands however, this stone will assist in gaining keen insight into the truth of all matters, and heighten both the psychic and dreamtime connection.
- Archangel Michael, Archangel Raziel and Archangel Raziel are associated with this crystal.
- Lapis Lazuli can be used to cleanse and balance the Third Eye and Throat chakras.
- In regards to physical well-being, Lapis Lazuli can assist in stress related matters.
- Not to be confused with opals, Moonstone comes in numerous tones, ranging from white, blue, pink and yellow, but is most commonly found in its white form. Closely linked to feminine energy, Moonstone can be used to heal challenging relationships with females, whilst also increasing your connection to the Divine Feminine. It is a great crystal for assisting psychic energy, and for working with the lunar cycles for manifesting and intention setting.
- Archangel Haniel is associated with this crystal.
- Moonstone can be used to cleanse and balance the Crown chakra.
- In regards to physical well-being, Moonstone can assist women in easing feminine health concerns.
- Found in a combination of earth toned colours, Agate is a wonderful crystal to use in grounding, and for working with the intention to manifest abundance and prosperity.
- Archangel Michael, Archangel Ariel, Archangel Raphael and Archangel Raziel are associated with this crystal.
- Depending on the colour variation chosen, Agate can heal the chakra associated with the specific colour. Agate can be helpful in cleansing and balancing the Root chakra.
- In regard to physical well-being, Agate can assist in healing most minor ailments.
- Found in tones ranging from shiny black, to being black with speckled regions of green, grey, gold and blue, Obsidian is an exceptional crystal of protection. It is a highly recommended stone to be used by those who are very sensitive to the energy around them, and becomes particularly useful when placed by the bedside during dreamtime. You can also have an Obsidian tumble stone in your pocket, or by your side if dealing with difficult others, in order to tone down and protect you from negative intensity.
- Archangel Jophiel, Archangel Michael and Archangel Raziel are associated with this crystal.
- Obsidian can be used to cleanse, strengthen protect the Root chakra.
- In regards to physical well-being, Obsidian can be used to assist in confidence building, and can also aid any aches and pains to the lower body.
- Found in a shiny black, to grey tone, Hematite is an excellent crystal for energy protection and healing. Hematite can also be used as a possible healing element in joint aches and arthritis. As a blocking energy, Hematite is an exceptional addition to any protection and manifestation ritual, as it’s magnetic elements help will repel negative intent and lower energy vibrations, whilst drawing your intentions towards you.
- Archangel Jophiel and Archangel Michael are associated with this crystal.
- Hematite can be used to cleanse and balance both the Root and Heart chakras, by healing lingering insecurities whilst opening your heart to love.
- In regards to physical well being, Hematite can be used to assist in easing joint pain, as well as assisting in releasing negative energy.
- With its deep red to black tones, Bloodstone is the perfect crystal for bringing balance and stability to the Root chakra centre.
- Archangel Michael and Archangel Ariel are associated with this crystal.
- Bloodstone can be used in Root chakra cleansing and balancing.
- In regards to physical well-being, Bloodstone is effective in easing complaints of the legs, especially the feet, and for assisting in blood circulation.
- Ranging from white to grey, or even black in tone, Pearls are symbolic with the Moon, and relates to grace and integrity. This is a very positive stone to wear for those who are healing after dealing with those who have chosen to operate from dominating, or manipulating levels, and will assist in regaining confidence, and individuality after being within abusive relationships. Pearls are also wonderful to use during the lunar cycles, as they will assist you to connect with your deeper emotions, and guide you to life themes that need healing and releasing, or that need more attention and dedication.
- Archangel Haniel is associated with this crystal.
- Pearl will assist in cleansing and balancing the Third-Eye and Crown chakra, and can also be used in clearing the Throat chakra if you are experiencing difficulty in expressing your true emotions.
- In regards to physical well-being, Pearl will assist in bringing balance to any emotional imbalances and upsets.
ENVIRONMENTALLY AWARE HOUSE ROCKS
On an environmental note, many people feel uncomfortable about taking stones from the Earth, and it is a personal choice in which to do so. What you can do in this instance, is take a stroll around your yard and find your house rock. Every house has one, and it is your special rock for the entire time that you live in that particular home. Just like the crystals listed above, you can cleanse and charge your house rock for whatever intention, or healing that you have in mind, and place it back outside in a place that is special to you. Your house rock will fulfill it’s intentions for the time that you reside at this home, and when you leave, the house rock remains for the next resident, or tenant. This way, you are still enjoying the healing benefits of Mother Earth, but you are working within the gifts of your local environment, and not crossing your personal boundaries and beliefs.
Just like your Dream Guide, everyone has a special crystal in their dream space, a stone that will help guide and protect their dream body whilst out and exploring in the land of slumber. During a meditation, ask your Dream Guide to take you to a special place that is quiet, and that holds your dream crystal. You should be able to view your crystal on an altar, or however your personal experience chooses to enlighten you, and this crystal is a special healing and protecting force for you. It may take you a few attempts to isolate your crystal, and you may need to research your visual as it may not be a well known stone. But it is an exercise that is well worth the effort and will assist your sleep and dream state.
Art – Anne Stokes
Source: Crystal Healing Basics