There are a thousand idioms regarding the deceptive nature of beauty.
“Beauty is only skin deep.”
“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.”
Beauty is often an elusive thing determined by unfair and exclusive societal norms. Our society’s ideal beauty is generally focused on slender bodies, large breasts, delicate features, tan skin and perfect manicures, not all of which are attainable or even appealing to everyone.
This is a subject that can be especially poignant for witches as popular culture’s accepted image of a witch is that of the green-skinned, wart-nosed evil woman. Though some shows and movies in the last twenty years have tried to change that image, it is a pervasive one and one many witches have to deal with regularly. If you’ve ever been asked how much concealer it takes to cover your green skin or why you don’t have warts on your face, you know what I’m talking about.
Not to wax all love-and-light on you but beauty really does come from within. Even if you do have green skin or warts on your nose!
This spell uses one of my favorite special occasion beauty products and helps you to shine a light on that inner beauty of yours.
Spell for the Outward Projection of Your Inner Beauty
Tools and Supplies Needed:
- Illuminator (my favorite is Urban Decay’s Naked Illuminated Trio, pictured above)
- If you don’t have illuminator, a metallic or shimmer blush will work as well.
- Soft brush
- White or pink candle
- Matches or lighter
- Mirror (preferably large enough so you can see most of your body)
- Sit or stand in front of a mirror. You may want to perform this spell nude or in any clothing that makes you feel beautiful.
- Light the candle. A pink candle is best as pink is associated with love, friendship, beauty and Venus.
- Hold the brush in your hands. Say aloud: With this brush, I shine.
- Gather some of the shimmery powder of the illuminator onto the brush. Slowly and mindfully sweep it across your cheekbones and jawline, collecting more powder onto the brush as necessary.
- As you apply the illuminator, continue chanting or whispering to yourself: I shine.
- Sweep the illuminator onto your collarbones, sternum or even across your breasts or belly if you wish.
- Close the illuminator and lay the brush beside it. Close your eyes and imagine you can feel the shimmering powder sparkling and crackling everywhere you have applied it.
- Blow out the candle to close the ritual.